Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Las Vegas: Day Two

<--Outside one part of the Bellagio

<--some part of the strip



<--Inside the Venetian hotel!

<--A scene set to replicate Italy in the Venetial Hotel

<--Outside the V. Hotel



<--The actual hotel section of the Venetian (I think)

<--Outside the Venetian

<--Part of the Venetian and the Treasure Island Hotel building



<-Waterfall outside Caesars Palace (best hotel in my opinion)
Getting up this morning was not a chore. I guess the excitement of being on vacation was setting in and I was feeling better. Well, marginally but I tried not to harp on it. We got up at 7am and wondered what was wrong with us. Lol. After all that travel, we were up bright and early. Showered and fresh, we headed out.

We first checked out the hotel buffet. So, nothing is cheap in L.V. and we didn’t expect our meals to be either. The Buffet on site was USD 16.11/person. Pricey but at this point, we didn’t care. We were on vacation and happy about it. The food was decent but we didn’t get out monies worth. There was no way we could have stuffed ourselves. I had an egg-white omlet, a slice of bread, a bit of smoked salmon, cream of wheat and a banana. After the cream of wheat (2 bowls) I was disgustingly full. I wanted to be full enough so that I wouldn’t need a big lunch and it worked!

Next, we headed out to the STRIP! Deciding to see as many hotels as possible, we started with the Venetian hotel. Very nice and mush like Venice (accordingly to my friend who has been to Europe and Italy on many occasion). We spent maybe an hour there because there is so much to see and then headed out onto the strip again. We ventured into a few side vendors and poked around. I didn’t buy anything but my friend purchased a CSI hat for her hubby. At this point, we had crossed many a bridge, ridden a few escalators and seen a lot of the strip. But, we had barely even scratched the surface. It was now close to lunch but we weren’t really hungry so we had a Ben & Jerry’s ice cream cone (since everyone seems to rave about it) instead of a meal. 2 for the price of 1. It was still $7.90 for 1 scoop on a waffle cone. So expensive. Personally, I don’t think that ice-cream has shit on Breyer’s. It was just okay.

Then we ventured into some more hotels and walked and walked and walked. It was a nice warm day, perfect for exploration so this was fantastic. At around 2pm, we headed back to our hotel room to wash up and change for dinner and our first Vegas show, Cirque de Solier’s, “O”. we were still on the Vegas high but the walking and jet lag had kicked in. at the hotel, we decided to crash for a while to rejuvenate ourselves.

As a sidenote: My friend and I said we were not going to stress too much at all during this trip. We had a rough itinerary but we weren’t going to kill ourselves running from place to place. We wanted this weekend to be fun yet relaxing.

We walked over to Planet Hollywood hotel for dinner as a friend of my friend (who has been to Vegas like 20 times), recommended a Thai restaurant. P.F. Changs (not in Canada) was really good. We had a chicken and lettuce wrap appetizer to split. So yummy. I had the pepper steak (HOT), my friend had a chicken dish and we split some rice. We passed on dessert as that was to come after the show. We also ordered two soft drinks and our bill came to under $27.00 each with tip! That is amazing. We didn’t even eat all the food, it was so much but so delicious. Next, onto the show.

I think of myself as a pretty cultured and well-rounded individual but seeing plays and live performances is something that is relatively new to me. I have only seen a few on stage productions and just as many concerts. So, getting the chance to see “O” was truly a joy for me. Wow, the show was just magical. I highly recommend this show to anyone who is into the Cirque period. Just, excellent.

By the time we left the show (which was at our hotel), we decided to head for dessert. I had read that Jean-Philippe Patisserie was to die for so of course, being on vacation, we h ad to indulge. We were a little shocked at the patisserie itself. I was imagining it to be very upscale and quaint. Well, the prices were high but it was not very elegant. It was just okay. we both ordered crepes. I had a nutella crepe and my friend ordered nutella, bananas and gelato. It was a nice way to end the day however. Instead of heading to our room immediately after dessert though, we made our way around this ginormous hotel to see what they offered. I took went outside (it was about midnight at this time-3am my time) to check out the pool and it was breathtaking. So gorgeous and romantic. If I had a man, I would have kissed him out on the bridge by the water. After rejoining my friend who was lounging in one of the numerous hallways, we sat and chatted for a bit remenising about the day. We then headed up.

In bed, I sat for a while thinking about Vegas and all I had seen and done. I was amazed that I was there but not overly impressed at this point. I couldn’t sleep so I settled in and watched CSI: Miami (my favorite show) until 4am. Yep, sleeping issues reared it’s stupid head even on my vacation.














No comments: